CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Improvement...

During this past week I set myself two hard goals and achieving them was quite difficult and required me to push my physical boundaries some what to the max...   
At 9pm on Monday night I spontaneously decided that I was going to make my mother in law a "PROPER"  (not like that silly looking one I had made on Saturday...) sewing machine cover by the next time I saw her... I was seeing her on Wednesday for Australia Day... She being a superb quilter, I expected nothing but the very best of craftswomen-ship to grace this gift!! I went in search of a machine cover pattern in one of my many craft magazines (of which by the way, in my opinion, are absolutely brilliant!! ) and found a delightfully looking pattern that seemed simple enough. 
By  very late Tuesday night it was finished and I was  and still am, quite proud of how well I have done it, and how good it looks! 
This is a picture of it finished... 

I think it looks pretty good... considering I'm only learning...  What do you think?? 

That night I decided to make my QS (quilting sister) one for her machine too... I was to see her on Friday... and so once again I began to make another one... over halfway through some thing horrid happened!! A Sewers WORST night mare!! My machine started to pull the bottom thread through to the top! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not when I was so close!! AND THE MOST HORRIBLE PART OF ALL WAS THAT i DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!! :o *Gasps* Shocking I know!! I called my QS and my mother in law, but no one could help me! I even put the problem on my facebook!! In the end I had a big fiddle with it and discovered that some thread was stuck in my bobbin case! Once I pulled the thread out it worked a treat! I was then able to get on with my sewing and finish my QS's machine case! 
This is what Brie's case looks like... 


Not to bad for my second proper cover eh? I'm not too sure if I like this cover as much as the other one?? I'm don't know if I like the look of the colours... But my QS likes it and that is all that matters... I mean it is her cover anyways! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment