CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January

This was my thought pattern earlier on this month:


Ok... So I have had some ideas about the January block... Water... humm... Blue, Purple and Green... humm..??? Beach? Sea? Pond? Frog? Lily pad? Lily pad and frog? Purple lily flower, Green lily pad, green frog, blue water, purple dragonfly?? Humm...?? I like that... now to try and draw it... 


Drawing it completely failed...It took me over an hour to research pictures and to draw it and it didnt even end up looking a thing like it did in my head!! You see, I have this problem... I can't draw to save my life! So I gave up on that idea and went for a sea theme... this is what I came up with:



The drawing look pretty good on paper eh? I thought so too... But a poor choice in fabrics led to this disaster... 




The blue was a nice colour but the pattern of the fabric did not suit the picture and over crowded and made it very busy...But before I realized all of this, I had already done two of those failures... 


*sigh*


So back to the drawing board I went... and after a few days of just pondering on what I was going to do I decided to do droplets of water falling off a flower and a leaf into a puddle of water... Now that I had this FABULOUS idea, how on earth was I to accomplish this?? I cant draw for sticks, and I only had my mobile internet to use and no printer or books or anything else that might remotely help me... And this is what happened... 



Granted its not finished yet and the flower looks like a crabs pincer... I reckon it looks pretty good! Though my sisters block looks so pro its not funny!! It leaves mine for dead!! You will defiantly be able to tell her blocks from mine in this quilt!!!! By the way... I forgot to tell you... she can actually draw!! She is an artist - I have no hope then!! *SHAME* Arrh! But what can you do?? Some one has to be born with the talent and the other with the looks!! ^_^ You know I love you Brie!!


When I'm done I'll put a pic up so you can see...  

0 comments:

Post a Comment